Monday, September 12, 2011

10 months

It’s been 10 months of being married and I’ve already learned so much. 10 months doesn’t hold any significance nor does it mark anything …only that it’s been 10 months. It’s gone by pretty quickly. I was just telling Joseph that it feels like we just moved into our apartment but in just a couple months, it’ll be a year. A YEAR!! What?! And my place still looks like we just moved in! Ha! In 2 months, it’ll be a year. .no longer considered newly weds. After this we have some big and exciting decisions to make. Haha, I’m making us sound like old foggies huh? It’s time to retire and sip coffee on our front porch every morning while we wait for our morning paper to arrive. Waaaait, what front porch?! And we don’t have cable so why would we subscribe to getting the daily news every morning?! And coffee?! I don’t even like that stuff… unless it’s blended and cold!

I’ve learned so much within this short amount of time:

I am stronger than I think. Joseph’s surgery was something huge and it happened when we first got married. I was so scared when he first came home. I wasn’t sure if I was going to be able to take care of him and help him heal the way he needed to. I did it and I surprised myself. We’re over that hump now and I am so thankful. As hard as it was, I wouldn’t trade it for anything! God is so good! I got to see Joseph at his strongest point when he was weakest (if that makes sense). His back injury became something life changing. He did/does not deserve this but he's remained faithful to God every step of the way. 

Joseph is the funniest person I know and I wish everyone can see the side that I see!

Joseph was gone all summer and I am so glad he's back! Through this, I've learned that quality time is key. Date nights are a must!

Joseph is my number one supporter. One thing I’ve realized about myself is I don’t know how to handle mean people. I’ll be the first to call myself a wimp because I don’t know how to stick up for myself. He pushes me to be the person I really am and speak up when I need to.

I’m okay with my cowboy husband. He can wear all the cowboy boots, Wranglers, and Carhartt he wants. I’m okay with it. I think I might even like it. I might be looking for another pair of cowboy boots..well, cowboy inspired :) If you asked me when we were dating I would’ve told you I didn’t know who he was ;)

It’s a give and take relationship. It’s about meeting each other’s needs.

Never go to bed upset. I’ve learned this the hard way!


I love you Joseph. Thanks for being my best friend and for being the person who understands me the most. You have a HUGE heart and a passion that runs deep. I am incredibly lucky to be your wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment