Saturday, March 3, 2012

Whiskeytown Falls

The weather here has been amazing!! I almost feel bad because we haven't had a lot of rain and we definitely need it. We took advantage of the weather last weekend and went hiking. My little sister and mom came along. I'm not gonna lie...it was a hard hike. Going from an indoor gym to outdoor hiking was a big change for my body. I was ready to give up half a mile into it! 



They're troopers! Especially my mom. We got back at 1 and she had to leave for work at 2 pm. I don't know how she did it because I was sore all day. 

Joseph taking a detour from the trails. He almost couldn't find his way back down to us. I had to catch him here :) We later found out that leaving the trail was prohibited due to erosion. I'm not sure what that means but it doesn't sound safe. 

Taking in God's creation


It was beautiful!! I don't know how these waterfalls were found. I seriously had to hike in and around the mountains. 


My little sister was so cute. When she found out there was a waterfall at the end, she kept saying "it's worth it, it's worth it". About an hour later she told us it wasn't worth it. Haha! 





I'm so glad we didn't turn around. It always feel so good to finish something you've started. I forgot how much I enjoy hiking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment