Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Baby!!

It's been a while hasn't it? I can explain!
I am beyond excited to announce that it's our turn!! It's finally our turn! God is truly so good and it's blessing after blessing. It took me a while to find out because...well, deep down inside I knew that I was but I didn't want to take the test because I knew that once I did and it confirmed what I had thought, I knew that I wouldn't be able to run the race in May and the marathon in October. But once I took the test, I was screaming for joy! I didn't care about the races I would be missing, God had just blessed us with something so special! 

I took the pregnancy tests at 6 weeks. I didn't know I was 6 weeks at the time. I just knew that I had skipped my period and wanted to wait a little bit until I took the test. I took one at 3am and one at 7am. Poor Joseph..I woke him up at 3 am to tell him. 



Pregnancy Highlights:


How Far Along: 10 weeks

Size of baby: a little over an inch or so long. The size of a kumquat...whatever that is.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Not sure :/ I'm not sure how much I weighed before I was preggo. I'm really bad at keeping track of that. 

Maternity Clothes: not yet!! Although, the 3 pairs of jeans I own don't fit anymore. If you happen to see me around in them, you know I've got them rigged somehow! 
Gender: Don't know yet!!
Movement: I thought I felt some movement but it was just my stomach telling me I was hungry :) just kidding....no movement yet.
Sleep: ehh..it could be better. This whole having to pee 3 times a night isn't working out.
Symptoms: Hungry all the time, I need to pee all hours of the day and night..I'm not sure where all this fluid is coming from.
What I miss: bring able to sleep through the night.
Cravings: Anything sweet and buffalo chicken strips (oh my, just typing that makes me crave it)! I think about food a lot!! It's weird, I'll crave for something like nachos for 3 straight days and I'll take one whiff at it and not want it at all. 
Best Moment this week: waking up nausea free! And being able to finally announce our secret. 
What I am looking forward to: My next appointment! We'll hear the babys heartbeat. 


We are so excited. I am constantly praying for our baby and for us. I am still so shocked that God has entrusted us with His child! I know this is just the beginning but I feel like God has already done a number in my life with this pregnancy. I wish I could elaborate but it would take a whole book to do it. 

1 comment:

  1. How funny Jen, I did the same thing! ( I too took my test early in the morning cause I couldn't wait till morning to take it. I took mine at 3am and woke up dave to tell him. We saved our test too for memory keepsake in Noah's book! Oh how I love pregnancy news!! THis journey you will cherish! Praise GOd.

    ReplyDelete