Thursday, October 20, 2011

41 years old and 8 months pregnant

I drove to work this morning with my thoughts consumed with worry. I hate it. I wish I didn’t worry and that when I give it all up to God, I didn’t have to take it right back. It’s a process and I’m coming around. It takes me about 8 minutes to get to work. Half way there, I saw a view that I think God painted just for me. At that instant I forgot about everything and remembered God’s promises for me. The sun was rising, the mountains were covered by a dust of clouds while a farm nearby was surrounded by fog. It was so pretty and I just knew God had me in mind this morning :)

I was listening to KLove and a lady called in to share her story. She is 41 years old and 8 months pregnant. Just a day ago, her husband told her he was divorcing her and wanted nothing to do with the baby. Devastated, she thought it’d be so much easier to end it all; her life and the baby’s. I’m glad she didn’t because I know God will show her His promises through that baby. My heart broke for her because of all the hurt. I don’t know who she is but I’m praying for her. I’m thanking God that at a time like this, she knows Jesus. SHE KNOWS JESUS! This is probably the hardest thing she's ever had the endure and she's probably thinking she won’t be able to get past this. I hope she knows Jesus has her in His hands. I'm just so glad she knows Jesus. 


I'm glad I know Jesus. I don't know how I would go through life without knowing Him. 


but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, 
they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment